My work begins with the search for paper. I scour Thrift shops for interesting papers. The paper often sparks the idea for me. I strive to honour and highlight the quality of the paper.
1. Begin with a basic sketch of an idea.
2. Prep a surface while second guessing the sketch idea
3. Cut and punch a variety of shapes, discover they are wrong for idea
4. Lay down the basic, first elements. Revise, look, revise, look....
5. Start to adhere the images using gel medium- too late now, just go with it......this is when things get wild and fun
6. Lay down elements, assess, move pieces, assess, move pieces...
7. Glue some more
8. Have a cup of tea, ahhhhh
9. Search through papers, find the perfect piece- repeat several times.
10. Add some gel pen, paint or other elements if needed.
11. Spray varnish to seal the work.