My work begins with the search for paper. I scour Thrift shops for interesting papers. The paper often sparks the idea for me. I strive to honour and highlight the quality of the paper.
1. Begin with a basic sketch of an idea.
2. Prep a surface.
3. Cut and punch a variety of shapes.
4. Lay down the basic, first elements. Revise, look, revise, look....
5. Start to adhere the images using gel medium.
6. Lay down elements, assess, move pieces, assess, move pieces...
7. Glue some more
8. Have a cup of tea.
9. Search through papers, find the perfect piece- repeat several times.
10. Add some gel pen, paint or other elements if needed.
11. Spray varnish to seal the work.